About our program
Our lessons are open to all ages & levels. Here at Erin Valley our coaches follow the Training Thru Trust method, which teaches both adults and children to first understand horse psychology. What is unique about this program is that it is laid out in a step by step format. We like work with all new riders in the round pen first which helps to build confidence in the student as well as the horse. Round pen is the best place for you to get a better understanding of a horse as it is in a safe environment. You will then move on to our halter work and riding program. We believe it is important to get all of your ground work covered before getting in the saddle. Teaching your horse good ground manners keeps your horsemanship experience both safe and FUN! We offer great horses to use for your lessons, or you may bring your own. We also teach specialty lessons like barrel racing, roping, reining, pole bending, showmanship, trail, de-spooking and introducing to obstacles, trailer loading and much more! Feel free to contact us with more questions.
Lessons will follow the Training Thru Trust DVD series you can purchase these on line at: http://www.dougmillshorsemanship.com
What makes us unique?
- Family run business
- 25 years of service
-Taught by Certified Training Thru Trust Apprentice Trainers
- We teach not just how to ride but how to read and communicate with the horses
- We teach how to maintain horses and problem solving
- Professionally trained safe horses
- We have a step by step training program on DVDs to follow
- We offer the only kids rodeo program where we supply horse and coach
- English & Western riding, rodeo events, liberty work, halter work, colt starting, problem solving, pleasure, reining, cow horse, 4-H preparation, all ages and levels!